10 April 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: Thirteen

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
Title: Second Chance Summer
Author: Morgan Matson
Publication Date: 8 May 2012
Summary (courtesy of goodreads.com):
Taylor’s family might not be the closest-knit – everyone is a little too busy and overscheduled – but for the most part, they get along fine. Then they get news that changes everything: Her father has pancreatic cancer, and it’s stage four – meaning that there is basically nothing to be done. Her parents decide that the family will spend his last months together at their old summerhouse in the Pocono Mountains.

Crammed into a place much smaller and more rustic than they are used to, they begin to get to know each other again. And Taylor discovers that the people she thought she had left behind haven’t actually gone anywhere. Her former summer best friend is suddenly around, as is her first boyfriend. . . and he’s much cuter at seventeen than he was at twelve.

As the summer progresses, the Edwards become more of a family, and closer than they’ve ever been before. But all of them very aware that they’re battling a ticking clock. Sometimes, though, there is just enough time to get a second chance – with family, with friends, and with love.
If you've read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, you pretty much know how full of awesome Morgan Matson is.  If you've read my review of Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, you pretty much know how even more awesome she is than you originally thought, because despite loathing one of the main characters, I still loved the book.  So to sum things up, Morgan Matson is awesomely awesome, and I bet you this book will be too.

12 comments:

  1. Yes, totally. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour was just so awesome:) But I wish there was a sequel:( Didnt get enough of Roger ;) Awesome pick! =D

    Drop by my WoW?
    http://www.tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-pretty-amy-by-lisa-burstein.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I have the feeling I've read this summary before. Netgalley perhaps? Can't remember, but I know I wanted to check it out :)

    Come by my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to this as well.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    New follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Amy & Roger's Epic Detour. Pretty sure this will be awesome too. Thanks for sharing, I had no idea about this book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHh I cannot wait for this one either! I read Amy & Roger in January and immediately looked up any other books from Morgan Matson - had no idea that was her debut, but I'm so looking forward to this! She's got the perfect YA writing style, and this sounds so good. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so great, but at the same time sad. I actually already ordered a fellow blogger to read and review it for me and tell me if it's "safe" to read this or if I should pass. I can't deal with sad books these days. v_v

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this author yet even though Amy & Roger's Epic Detour has been on my TBR list for quite some time. I am always a sucker for these sorts of family dramas and I think I would love this book. For some reason it brings the movie "Life as a House" to mind. Not that they are the same story line at all... but just the first thing that came to mind as I read the blurb. I hope you enjoy it! :D

    My WOW:
    http://www.wordsathome.ca/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-of-poseidon.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good pick! Sounds very sweet, and sad. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Books about cancer always gives me a sad feeling.. Don't know why, exactly. Sounds like a good book.

    Visit my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour recently, and I absolutely loved it, one of my favourite reads this year! So I will definitely be on the look out for this when it's released.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover for this so it went straight to my to-read list, good pick!

    ReplyDelete

Content and Design © 2012 Re-Reading High School. All Rights Reserved.