17 April 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: Fourteen

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
Title: Jersey Angel
Author: Beth Ann Bauman
Publication Date: 8 May 2012
Summary (courtesy of goodreads.com):
It's the summer before senior year and the alluring Angel is ready to have fun. She's not like her best friend, Inggy, who has a steady boyfriend, good grades, and college plans. Angel isn't sure what she wants to do yet, but she has confidence and experience beyond her years. Still, her summer doesn't start out as planned. Her good friend Joey doesn't want to fool around anymore, he wants to be her boyfriend, while Angel doesn't want to be tied down. As Joey pulls away, and Inggy tours colleges, Angel finds herself  spending more time with Inggy's boyfriend, Cork. With its cast of vivid and memorable characters, this tale from the Jersey shore is sure to make some waves.
I am well aware that the advance reviews for this book are AWFUL.  Nobody likes it.  I think that's maybe why I want to read it so much - to see if I agree or disagree with the horrible things people are saying about it.  It's kind of an odd way of deciding to read a book, but whatever works, right?

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good summer read. It might be an odd way to decide to read a book, but bad reviews get me interested in a book sometimes as well. I guess sometimes any publicity (even bad) is good publicity.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeppp!!! I think I saw that on Netgalley. Have to go back and check at it. Great pick!=D

    Drop by my WoW?
    http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-7-clues-to-winning-you-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds pretty interesting. That's interesting that no one like the review copies...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a interesting read, but I must admit that hearing that it has been getting mostly bad reviews makes me much more interesting in reading it, just to see why so many people disliked it. Great wow pick. I'm adding it to my TBR wishlist. I'm also a new GFC follower. Natasha @ Paranormal Goddess Book Blog - My Waiting On Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, sometimes so many negative reviews of a book are intriguing!!

    ReplyDelete

Content and Design © 2012 Re-Reading High School. All Rights Reserved.