13 April 2011

a start inspired by zombies

I recently checked out a copy of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies from the library.  Not because of the hype.  Not because of the trillion sequels and copies it has spawned.  Not even because of the rather disturbing cover.  No, I picked it up because of it's first line.
It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains.
It is the truth.  So much the truth that I felt compelled to learn more zombie truths.  Which is odd, because in general I am not that big a fan of zombies.

Anyway.  I thought, perhaps, a simultaneous reading of this "quirk classic" and its namesake just might be in order.  And so it is decided that my first read, for the purposes of this project, will be Pride and Prejudice.

Pride and Prejudice was supposed to be read my junior year of high school, in a class appropriately named British Novel.  The teacher of this class was a stuck-up cow (I'm sorry, but it's the truth).  She is probably the reason I stopped reading books for classes.  She sucked the life out of them and is the only teacher who has ever made me cry.  And I'll admit that just to show how evil she was.  It's no wonder I didn't want to invest my time in her class.

Let's see if reading the book without a force of malevolent hatred looming over my shoulder goes any better than my first non-attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Content and Design © 2012 Re-Reading High School. All Rights Reserved.