13 March 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: Nine

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
Title: Chosen Ones (The Lost Souls #1)
Author: Tiffany Truit
Publication Date: 10 April 2012
Summary (courtesy of goodreads.com):
What if you were mankind’s last chance at survival?

Sixteen-year-old Tess lives in a compound in what was once the Western United States, now decimated after a devastating fourth World War. But long before that, life as we knew it had been irrevocably changed, as women mysteriously lost the ability to bring forth life. Faced with the extinction of the human race, the government began the Council of Creators, meant to search out alternative methods of creating life. The resulting artificial human beings, or Chosen Ones, were extraordinarily beautiful, unbelievably strong, and unabashedly deadly.

Life is bleak, but uncomplicated for Tess as she follows the rigid rules of her dystopian society, until the day she begins work at Templeton, the training facility for newly created Chosen Ones. There, she meets James, a Chosen One whose odd love of music and reading rivals only her own. The attraction between the two is immediate in its intensity—and overwhelming in its danger.

But there is more to the goings-on at Templeton than Tess ever knew, and as the veil is lifted from her eyes, she uncovers a dark underground movement bent not on taking down the Chosen Ones, but the Council itself. Will Tess be able to stand up to those who would oppress her, even if it means giving up the only happiness in her life?
I love me some dystopian society, especially when there's some massive, humanity-ending problem that's overcome the human genome.  Chosen Ones sounds like a mix between Children of Men (which I've admittedly never actually seen but sounds really good) and Battlestar Galactica (which I have seen and is really good) and um, awesome, with some star-crossed lovers and more awesome thrown in just for good measure.

12 comments:

  1. I think this looks awesome! I love the cover :D Thanks for bringing it to my attention!! My WoW

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds AMAZING! Great pick!

    http://jrafterdark.blogspot.com/2012/03/wow-something-like-normal-by-trish.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an eARC of this one and really hope to get to it soon (maybe next week), because it sounds sooooo awesome! Great pick. :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one on my to-read list. I hope to like it! Great pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice waiting on pick! I'll definitely be checking this one out when it is released and it so being added to my overflowing TBR list. Thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when these WoW posts make me add a million books to my TBR list every week. :)

    I am on such a dystopian kick right now that this sounds right up my alley. Thanks for telling us about it!

    <a href="http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/871>My WoW</a>

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good, adding to my TBR list :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    Here is my WoW

    Kayla @ Simply Kayla's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice cover and pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love dystopian too, and this sounds really good! Stop by and check out my WOW here, I'm a new follower!
    http://misclisa.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-something-strange.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah this sounds like something I'd love. I as well looooove dystopian! thanks for sharing!! New follower; feel free to stop by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love dystopians. This one sounds really interesting. Check out my WOW here: http://harleybearbookblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one sounds really good. Plus I am in love with the cover! :)

    ReplyDelete

Content and Design © 2012 Re-Reading High School. All Rights Reserved.