03 June 2011

Mini Reviews: Cracked Up To Be, Lament, The Forest of Hands and Teeth

Sometimes, no matter how much I love or loathe a book, I just don't have enough to say about it to dedicate an entire post to its review.  So I present to you, MINI REVIEWS!  My thoughts on books I've recently read, in three sentences or less.  You know you're excited.

Cover of Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers

Holy fudgesicles.  I hope Courtney Summers' other books are as amazing as this one.  I can't even remember why I only gave it four stars...

 

Cover of Lament by Maggie Stiefvater Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception by Maggie Stiefvater

The only thing that saved this book from two stars is that Maggie Stiefvater is technically a good writer. Unfortunately, I finished it confused and pissed off. And don't even get me started on the main character who was so annoying and stupid that I can't even be bothered to remember her name.

 

Cover of The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

A would-be five star book if it weren't for the first hundred pages that bored me out of my mind.  Also, I hate this cover.  What part of this story implies anyone is wearing heavy black eyeliner?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Content and Design © 2012 Re-Reading High School. All Rights Reserved.