20 April 2011

waiting on wednesday: one

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.  It's all about lusting over books that have yet to be released.  Something I do.  Often.  So it was hard to choose just one book to post about.  Actually, that's a lie.  Sarah Dessen wins.  Always.

Title: What Happened to Goodbye
Author: Sarah Dessen
Release Date: 10 May 2011
Summary (courtesy of goodreads.com):
Another town. Another school. Another Mclean. Ever since her parents' bitter divorce, Mclean and her father have been fleeing their unhappy past. And Mclean's become a pro at reinventing herself with each move. But in Lakeview, Mclean finds herself putting down roots and making friends—in part, thanks to Dave, the most real person Mclean's ever met. Dave just may be falling in love with her, but can he see the person she really is? Does Mclean herself know?
Sarah Dessen kills me.  In the best possible way.  She puts out a novel and I run to buy it and gush over how perfectly spectacular it makes me feel inside.  I'm anxious to read this one, especially, because the idea of moving around constantly and never putting down roots is a familiar one for me.  I'd love to re-live my high school days vicariously through Mclean, but hopefully (let's be honest, it's Sarah Dessen - definitely) with a happier ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Content and Design © 2012 Re-Reading High School. All Rights Reserved.